What is success?

Good Evening this is a wonderful day to be alive and what better time than now to move towards success in our life.

Over the last several years I have been on a journey to find success. I would like to define success. Earl Nightingale in his recording of "The Strangest Secret" states, "Success is the progressive realization of a worthy ideal". If we are working towards a predetermined goal then we are a success, if not then we have failed.

Now on a simplistic level we only need to set goals work towards achieving them and then we are a success. This is easy enough, but how many people have goals? How many know what they want in life? Surprising enough the majority of people have not the slightest clue as to the attainment of a goal because they don't know what they want. Most people have never even thought about it more than on a superficial level.

As I began my journey I did not know what I wanted to do, or be. I just knew that I had a purpose. I knew that I had knowledge of things that I had not experienced, but had a knowing. I started to ask my Higher Self, why am I here?

I know that sounds odd, but I knew I was here for more than just to work a job, go to meetings, interact with friends and family and accumulate possessions. It seemed pointless, and it only gave me temporary satisfaction.

One year I began longterm substitute teaching at the local Middle School where I started to find my purpose. It was a joy and it was something that I did with relative ease and comfort. I started to tap into my higher self and sure enough this was one of my gifts, it was natural and fun. The pay however was not so I knew that it would not be long before I would be seeking a way out.

One thing I have learned on my journey is that you must be wealthy in order to sustain your true life mission. I did not say that you have to start out that way, but that must be a part of your goal towards success in life. Zig Ziglar, say's it best," money isn't everything, but it's right up there with oxygen".

Many will say I just want to be comfortable, that actually is what the majority says. That sounds good, but when you want to truly have success in life by living your purpose, you don't want to have to worry about paying your rent on time or choosing between buying a pair of
shoes for your child or buying food for the month. Money and more than enough makes it easier for you to have the freedom to be who you really are not who you were told you are or should be.

I have discovered that almost all of the problems in my life came from choices that I made that do not contribute to my happiness and success. As we journey to attain the keys to success , we will find that success pays well if we get on purpose.

Start to think of the things that you do or don't do for free and it brings you joy. It could be helping at your local place of worship cleaning up, teaching a class, or singing in a group. If these are things that make your heart sing then your success lies within that. It may not be to be a famous singer, but you could teach lessons for a fee. If it is what you love it is not a job it is a joy. You may be privileged to help bring to the world the next great voice.

I will add to this later. Please give me feed back and let me know what you think of success. Also let us know some of the books you have read, lectures and seminars you have attended that may help others.

Last word for now, success is a mindset. The Keys to Success in life is that we become what we think about most of the time.

Comments

pangie said…
What a wonderfully refreshing outlook! The world needs more like you! Be sure of this one thing, if you continue to educate, and share in this way... you will make a positive impact on the world, and many success seekers! Thank You for putting me closer to my personal, professional success, and dreams!

Popular Posts