Being a father, happy father's day

Good morning all. Everything is well in the universe it is another beautiful day to behold. I am blessed to have another day to live, to love, and to be. Happy Father's Day to those who have the wonderful experience to create another human or who have adopted or have the privilege to step in for someone who can't or won't be responsible by becoming a foster dad. My dad passed away in 1998, I miss his physical presence, however the things he taught me I still remember and his fun-loving spirit still exist in the now. He wasn't the Leave it to Beaver dad of the 50's but he wanted to be. This post is about being a dad. To be a dad you have to be who you are, not who someone say's you should be. We learn through experience not really words that are said to us. Your son's and daughter's observe what you do, good or bad it doesn't matter. Children view the world completely different than adults. You don't have to be a saint, my dad wasn't in-fact he was incarcerated most of my life, from age 2 until I was 15, yet he showed me that if you chose to you can change or be something different than you started out to be. He transformed his life while in prison, serving a life sentence, he became a much sought after minister for God, so much that major politicians fought for his release. It was granted and he showed me great things and he showed me life is a journey not a destination. Be who you are in your journey of life, not perfect, just caring, loving, giving, slow to anger, teach wisdom you have gained. You are a teacher with very faithful students, your child or children. They have their own path to follow, but since you are on that path just do your best and they will too. Love Maiose

Comments

Popular Posts